Voyage Operator – based in Singapore
Established in 1995, AAL is a leading global breakbulk and heavy lift project cargo operator. Our customers represent dynamic industries like energy, oil & gas, mining, forestry, leisure, agriculture and construction – and our vision is to be the best at what we do and to create sustainable growth and an unparalleled reputation, built on trust and service. We are seeking an experienced individual to join the Operations Department as a Voyage Operator and be based in our Singapore office
Execute the voyages, including:
- Liaise and partner with Chartering, ship management, shipboard staff, customers and outside vendors including port agents, terminals and other related authorities to ensure the safe voyage and the most cost and time efficient vessel operation
- Understand and administer the terms of charter parties in order to optimize financial returns within its parameters
- Nominate port agents upon evaluation of PDA
- Provide and convey timely voyage instructions to the vessels
- Communicate regularly to clients, agents, stevedores etc
- Manage the preparation of cargo documents
- Provide regular update on voyage operations to charterers
- Request and manage proforma / final / supplementary disbursement accounts through Disbursement Desk.
- Procure bunker fuel through official channels
- Arrange time charterer’s liability insurance through working with Insurance and Claims Department
- Maintain vessel status updated at all times within IMOS, including issuing invoices, preparing laytime, detention calculations, rebilling of owners’ expenses, updating voyage costs, on a timely basis
- Assist with claims as required by Legal team
Qualification and Personal Requirement
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Maritime Studies or equivalent.
- Required skill(s): good customer service skill, excellence follow-up, good time management, fast learner, able to work under tight deadlines.
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Able to commence immediately or within short notice.
- You are already based in Singapore.
If you think you meet the criteria specified above, you may apply for the position via email or online. For an application via email please quote the Job Title for our consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Human Resource Advisor
|Closing Date (Submission)||Thursday, 28 February 2019|
To apply for the above Position, please click on the APPLY ONLINE button below.
Share this career opportunity: