Legal & Claims Officer
We are currently looking to hire a Legal & Claims Officer to support our Legal and Claims department. The incumbent will report directly to our Legal and Claims Manager.
1. Claims Handling
- Investigating causation and quantum of alleged claims against the Line;
- Mitigate the company’s exposure by use of all available defenses and immunities within contract and/or law;
- Liaise with Protection & Indemnity (P&I) Clubs and Claims and Insurance departments;
- Reaching agreement with claim settlement amounts;
- Updating claims database and record keeping of claims (CAPE);
- Issuing reports and claims records;
- Reconcile all claim files annually
- Quarterly review of claims
2. Maritime Law Advisory
- Provide interpretation on maritime law matters; particularly those pertaining to international contracts of carriage and internationally recognized carriage rules;
3. Legal & Insurance
- Review and drafting of various contracts
- Provide advice and support to the commercial and operational departments of the company
- Liaising with various AAL regional offices, brokers and the Insurance and Claims Department in consolidating the Line’s various insurances.
- Evaluating the company’s insurance risks and arranging insurances as required
- Assisting the company’s management with renewal of insurance policies
- Attention to detail, analytical thinking, ability to work under pressure and without supervision, take initiative and ability to think outside the box.
- Law student/graduate and/or previous marine claims handling experience
- Some knowledge of Contract and Maritime Law
- You should be based in Singapore and meet all legal requirements to work in Singapore
If you think you meet the criteria specified above, you may apply for the position via email, post or online. For application via email or post, please quote the Job Title and Job Reference No. together with your Resume/CV, Cover Letter and any documents for our consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. If your application is not suitable for this position, we will retain your details for other potential job openings in the future.
Human Resource Manager
|Closing Date (Submission)||Monday, 31 July 2017|
To apply for the above Position, please click on the APPLY ONLINE button below.
Share this career opportunity: